Monday, March 17, 2008

I Hate Dell Even More Today

It continues. This morning I had a comment on the "Dell's Crappy Company Part#2" from "Larry." He claimed to be in Texas and asked me to send him the relevant info so he could look into it. Here's his letter:

Begin quoted text:

Dell Customer Advocate has left a new comment on your post "Dells crappy company part #2":

My name is Larry and I am a Customer Advocate here at Dell headquarters in Texas. I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I would like to look into the situation and see if there is anything I can do to help.

Normally, based on your description of what happened, I would expect the customer care rep to have helped you get the order placed with the correct items included or, at the least, get you in touch with a sales rep that could do so. We are not able to combine orders, but getting a new order created that, in effect, combined the two is not normally a problem. I am not sure why this did not happen in this case, but I will be passing on your feedback about what happened so we can try and keep it from happening again to someone else. Feedback from Dell customers is the best way for us to know where we need to focus our efforts in order to improve. I know from personal experience that Dell really does care about providing customers with the best service we can. We aren't perfect, but we are always trying to improve things.

In order for me to check the details I will need either the order numbers for the camera and memory card. If you would like me to see what I can do, feel free to email that information to me at customer_advocate@dell.com with "ATTN: Larry - memory card" in the subject (to ensure it gets to me). If there are any other details or feedback you want to include please do so. If you have any questions for me I will be happy to answer them.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

End quoted text.

So of course I clicked on his name and what do I find? Three blogger blogs set up as customer advocate. But hey, they have nothing on them. That immediately got my suspicions up. So I played along and sent copies of all the correspondence to "Larry." I immediately got back the following response from Shivani Chauhan, who just happens to be the SAME person who responded to the emails and who was the reason for my spending so much time trashing Dell on this blog.


Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand from your email that you want to the shipping charges to be taken off. I shall be glad to assist you with the issue.

The order have been placed separately and shipping will be charged for the orders placed separately. I would request you to receive the orders and then return they for credit, and then place the order once again all items in same order.

I do not have any option to refund the shipping charges to you. I surely hope that you do understand the issue.

Your case number for this interaction is xxxxxx. Please keep this number for your records; it will help us keep track of this issue so we can better assist you if you have any further questions or concerns about your issue.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to visit our Online Customer Care Center at:
http://support.dell.com

Thank you again for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

Respectfully,

Shivani Chauhan
Rep ID 131225
12:00 PM to 09:00 PM CST
Dell Online Customer Care
http://support.dell.com


So, not only is there no Larry who cares about the customer and wants to fix things, it looks like our friend Mr. Chauhan is also named Larry at the very least, or at the very worst, if there really is a Larry, then he is just another inept, clueless customer service rep who is costing Dell business daily.

In light of all this, and I'm sure there will be more, can anyone give me one reason I or anyone should buy anything from Dell again????




Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Dell Customer Advocate said...

I'm not sure why your email did not end up waiting for me, but I am looking into it. I've posted a longer reply on the original blog entry I replied to.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate