Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm finally dumping Comcast

It's been a long time coming but today was the final straw. In attempting to fix their spam problems, Comcast disabled being able to send mail from a comcast account without changing ports. The problem is their fix doesn't work and it also prevents me from receiving mail. Of course, their chat person just copies and pastes canned responses. I tested this. I wrote that I was going to cut off my head and put it on a stake outside corporate headquarters. I got a canned response of I'm sorry you're having problems with your mail. Please click on this link, blah blah blah, even after I said the link made things worse.

So I called about DSL service and will be changing over in a few days. In the meantime use my gmail address. I've never had any problems with that one ever. Google, unlike Comcast, doesn't punish its users for their inability to deal with spam.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: